Chocolate Chip Muffns


I made these ages ago and I am really not sure where I got the recipe from - as I have printed it out on a postcard size piece of card and laminated it. I thought these were very yummy, but Owen said he would have preferred milk chocolate!

115g 4oz Butter or Marg
75g 3oz sugar
tbsp dark brown sugar
2 eggs
175g 6oz plain flour
1 tspn baking powder
120ml 4fl oz milk
175g 6oz plain choc chips
makes 8 or 9 190c 375f gas 5
beat together fat and sugars, add the eggs one at a time and beat. Sift the flour and baking powder, fold into mix a bit at a time alternating with the milk.

Divide the half the mixture between the muffin cases, add choc chips and then cover with remaining mix. Bake for 25 mins.

For some reason we were left with little cakes on the market today, very unusual that all the big cakes sold. So sad today that I have a few left. The trade is always up and down and it is difficult to judge. I did make more yesterday, which maybe I shouldn't as all of our bakers were back baking. Next week we are one down so maybe it will be different.

Ampthill suffered three power cuts last night/early morning, amazing how dark it is without any lights. Grrr can't wait until they build Center Parcs we won;t have any electricity then. I have never experienced so many power cuts as living here - I don;t remember them as bad in the 70s at least you knew when they were going to be!

GOOD NEWS I won £50 on the premium bonds.....

Don't forget to visit:The Cooks Journal and is now ready for posting! If you have a food blog - come and tell us all about it.

Comments

Rosie said…
Gosh these look SO delish mmmmmm
Congrats on your win on the premium bonds :))

Rosie x
Katie said…
They look yummy. Maybe people are trying to cut down on cakes before Christmas which is why you had some left over?
Anonymous said…
YuM YuM

My mouth is watering! hehehe
Anonymous said…
Hi Carolyn, you don't know me but I have just stumbled over your blog on a craft forum...I run a crop/craft night on a Tuesday in Flitwick - wondered if you wanted to come and play with us?!! Email me: scraphappyuk@aol.com if you want more info. Happy crafting, Julie.