Easter Sunday and Snow!


Well we woke up this morning to a covering of snow...I thought we may have had a bit more...but it soon went. Owen managed to make a large snowball - and another out the back! Not quite managing a snowman, I think he got bored as the snow was disappearing fast! And a warm lounge was calling him!


So I have been playing with odd things over the last few days. Firstly I have been cutting 'greyboard' with the Cuttlebug and playing with the shapes. This first one, is just covered with the Ranger Adirondack embossing powders - denim, I gave it 3 coats, in all using the Sue biscuit tin method. And then I got out an emery board and sanded it down in places to expose a white core.



This next one - I inked it first with a turquoise ink and then covered it with Perfect Pearls, a turquoise and some copper. Then I added Glossy Accents - this you have to be patient with as it takes a while for it to dry. But the results are great. I also did some with clear embossing powder and used some copper embossing powder. And these were lovely too - I forgot to take a photo of the copper one and have sent it to my Mum.


Finally I found a video on Youtube to ink your embossing folder (the front one), and then putting your card through. I used a dye based on again and Adirnondack one - this one is Mushroom, I don't have that many different colours - but have also done a blue one - that I have to make into a card.

Don't forget
There are some great challenges running on the forum - Joanne (Angelnorth) has just launched a brand new onefor Easter Sunday - Ephemera - how do you say that word!

Visit Crafts by Carolyn forum

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great cards Carolyn really lovely selection
akilli melek said…
carolyn this site in general is fantastic. your cards are lovely and i adore your download papers. Living in Turkey means i dont have access to a lot of the new papers until i get home for a holiday so these help with the inspiration.