Bread Pudding


after loads of trawling around the internet and asking on my forum I managed to work out a recipe that works for a traybake. I have now made it a couple of times and use mainly the crusts from our loaves.

Bread Pudding
Bake 1 hour in a traybake at 170c
15 oz Bread soaked in
14 fl oz of Milk (can do some water)
3oz Sugar
10oz Dried fruit
2oz or 3 oz margarine - melted
1 egg
I add some Mixed Spice and some nutmeg

Basically soak the bread for at least half an hour, mash completely – I use a use mixer to get it smooth
Add everything else and bake
Line the tin with silicone paper not greaseproof it sticks!

And you should have some nice Bread pudding. I sprinkle with sugar on top. This quantities are very 'loose'!

I cut it into 15 as I have laminated card marked out for this as standard - these are nice sizes.

Comments

Net said…
I'm going to have try this one I think. What size tin do you use?
Carolyn said…
I used a deep traybake - swiss roll tin size. Not sure of the exact measurements - I will check it out tomorrow.

It is the same as I do the brownies in
Rosie said…
Hi Carolyn, sorry for my lack of visting lately & also the forum due to illness! A most wonderful bread pudding a must try!!

Rosie x
pinkpuppy said…
That is yummy!!
Yvonne Randall said…
This is something that I remember from my childhood. I think that I'll have to dig out my mother's recipe.