Garden

I love this time of the year when the garden is coming to life, I have decided to change a flowerbed in front of the shed, so will have to get some pictures of that.  In the mean time I thought I would share my new planter:



I have been meaning to do something like this for a while and finally saw a simple wooden box that I thought would fit the bill.  I bought a sack of alpine grit from B&M stores which at £4.00 was a good price, and the box was from Hexton - I think I paid £5.

I mixed the grit with the compost and once planted added a layer on the top.  I am hoping it won't want much watering :).

Here are a few more flowers around the garden.

Oriental poppies


Rose - Pretty Polly



Perennial Wallflower - Bowles Mauve, it just want to flower and flower :)


The first Cosmos out today



Osteospermum - loves to flower in the sun



Comments

Adele said…
Love the new planter and the flowers are so pretty. Our borders are still seriously lacking colour! xx
Kath said…
Some really pretty flowers there, Carolyn. I planted cosmos seeds this year but the plants keeled over as soon as they emerged. Not successful at all. I shall try again next year.